It’s been quite the year. Though it feels like a lifetime ago in cybersecurity, the Colonial Pipeline, JBS, and Kaseya attacks and vulnerabilites like Log4J delivered one heart-pounding moment after another. In only the last few months, we've worried about the outbreak of all-out cyberwarfare between Russia and Ukraine, seen ransomware push a century-old HBC to the brink of closing, and watched new hacking groups like LAPSUS$ rise to infamy. For enterprise CXO leaders, it can sometimes seem like the threat actors are winning.
But they’re not. A determined band of CXO revolutionaries is waging the good digital transformation fight. And they’re telling their stories in the Zscaler CXO REvolutionaries community, which today celebrates the first anniversary of its launch.
With the objective to empower, foster, and connect CXO leaders embarking on digital transformation journeys, the CXO REvolutionaries site went live on April 20, 2021. Designed for enterprise CISOs, CIOs, CTOs, and architects, CXO REvolutionaries has always been more than just a website. It’s a forum for cybersecurity experts to meet, communicate, and share their expertise in digital transformation. (I like to think of it as a community of good allied against the forces of evil cyberthreats.)
In the year since CXO REvolutionaries launched, we’ve seen tremendous growth in its multimedia content, membership, and contribution. A few key first-anniversary milestones:
- More than 200 media pieces – articles, videos, podcasts – have been published.
- Some 50 CXO REvolutionaries have entered the fray, sharing their wisdom, best practices, and experiences leading digital transformation initiatives in their respective enterprises.
We’ve seen the pool of contributors and the editorial team expand as the channel has grown. In addition, we’ve developed new media and content sections:
- The site has served as the launchpad for several innovative new podcasts, including The CIO Evolution with former EVP and CIO Phil Armstrong and Zscaler CISO for the Americas Sean Cordero, Cloudy with a Chance of Trust with Zscaler Field CTOs Pam Kubiatowski and Lisa Lorenzin, and The CISO’s Gambit with a rotating series of hosts including Pam, Sean, and Zscaler CISO for the Americas Brad Moldenhauer.
- The CXO REvolutionaries Community Forum has become a hub for expert participation in knowledge-sharing. Recent high-engagement discussion topics have included DevSecOps’ zero trust impact, mentorship, IoT/OT consolidation, and effective response to the LAPSUS$ threat group’s cyberattack on Okta.
- The Events section provides details of upcoming in-person and virtual Zscaler events for CXOs, including the CXO Summit series, CXO Regional Roundtables, and of course, Zscaler’s annual customer event Zenith Live.
- As its name suggests, “Insights” offers illuminating content tailored to a CXO audience. Content areas include Zero Trust, Emerging Threats, Future Proof IT, Digital Business, Modern Workplace, and News. Featured articles have included practical and actionable thought leadership content, industry case studies, news, and cybersecurity research from the Zscaler ThreatLabZ team.
- The Evaluate section offers CXOs the opportunity to apply Zscaler’s innovative Digital Transformation Assessment Tool to their current security environment. It pulls from a wide range of revolutionary IT leaders’ experiences to help CXOs assess their organization's transformation journey progress.
When we launched the platform last April, I called the CXO REvolutionaries for whom the site was designed “true pioneers.” Their work has pioneering. But I need to call them out for what they really are: true revolutionaries on the front lines against cyberthreats, modernizing IT, and paving the way for digital adoption and innovation within their organizations. By highlighting their expertise through successful thought leadership, events, insights, and community, we’ve been able to help other enterprise leaders seeking to drive digital transformation in their organizations.
The revolution has only just begun. Join the conversation, the community of like-minded innovators, and the CXO revolution.
Visit the 1-year anniversary hub
Join the community forum